Monday, August 11, 2008

Bridge Program

After attending these past three weeks of a bridge I have learned a lot about Columbia.. I learned that Columbia understands that some of us may have not did so great in highschool or scored high on ACT and SAT so that is why they created the Bridge program to show us they will give us a chance to prove that we can handle college. I also think that it was a great idea to attend this program because I've met many different people and a lot of teachers that i might have in the next four years. Also Columbia has shown that everyone here cares about our education and cares about us doing well over the next four years. I was very excited about attending Columbia, but after the past three weeks and I'm even more excited and not so nervous because I know the campus and know some teachers so on the first day of school it will be like nothing knew.
I also learned a lot more about myself over the past three weeks. I know most everyone doesn't look at school as something that you enjoy all the time, but I feel excited everytime I'm in class. I look forward to class discussions everyday and just seeing everyone, it really has become more then just a boring class. Classes are fun not only because the people are great but because it's something I enjoy doing. I enjoy the books we read and writing our responses and our final essay was so exciting for me I couldn't wait to jump right into it. I really look at college a lot differently now and I know that it wont be boring and it will be things that I have interest in and really enjoy. I can't wait for fall classes to start!! I hope that I see everyone from bridge this fall and hope to have classes with them..

No comments: