Tuesday, July 22, 2008

DAVE BERNER, RADIO PROFESSOR

On Wednesday, July 23, we'll be attending a lecture by Radio Professor Dave Berner called "On the Road." Here's what Professor Berner has to say about the lecture:

"I'll be discussing how taking a 'road trip' -- traveling -- is a creative endeavor. I'm going to discuss and play portions of an audio documentary and portions of a film doc I produced about a 5,000-mile 'road trip.' The project is called 'Finding My Kerouac.'

"I'll discuss how travel opens the mind, frees the spirit, creativity, and how all of art is really about 'telling stories' -- whether it be dance, writing, film, theater, art, and design -- we are all telling stories. I took my 'road trip' -- an iconic adventure most everyone can relate to in one way -- as a way to 'tell a story.'"


Have you ever taken a road trip yourself? Have you ever read a book or article or watched a film or TV show about a road trip?

Professor Berner is referencing here and, I assume, in his lecture a book called On the Road by Jack Kerouac. If you're not familiar with the author, look him up!

No comments: