Wednesday, July 23, 2008

My image of poverty

When I think of the word poverty. I think poor, insufficent, and lack. Throughout the world there are many people who live in poverty. But, the difference from America's perspective of poverty is totally different how the rest of the world views it. In America poverty is seen as lack of goods and money. For the rest of the world it's simply, nothing. Theres people out in the world who think about, "Where am I going to sleep?",What am I going to eat?"e.t.c. These is the challenges that povert people have to face. But If you think about you can have poverty in other different areas of your life. You be have lack of knowledge, and lack of health. Poverty is just not the material things. Its the the things that you lack, or the things you don't have abudance in. The picture above represents a stronghold. The fence represents a cage. The boy is leaning against to cage and probably wondering "How do I escape from this Life"

2 comments:

Kate Dougherty said...

You describe the concerns of the impoverished well. And the image you found surely looks familiar, especially when we look at the photos in Our America (which I know you're not reading). How could you describe, in your own words, what poverty looks like? You might start with the image you found, or what you were looking for in an image to post.

--Kate

Teddy B. said...

I never really thought about lack of knowlegde could be poverty. I as well of the rest of America just thought about it as being broke and poor and homeless... i like that picture it looks like something from the book.